About me - Oleg Terenchuk
Email: litwol at litwol dot com
Relevant skill set and Experience overview
- 9 years of full life cycle software design, development and maintenance
- 2 years years of project management experience
- Expert in PHP, JS, Mongodb (NoSQL), MySQL, jQuery, CSS, *HTML* and best web practices
- Performance tuning, security auditing, and system administration
- Expert of all Drupal core system components, custom module and theme development
- Perform well under pressure, fast learner, highly motivated, creative and work well in a team or lone environment
- I am multilingual (English, Russian and Hebrew) communicator, collaboration catalyst, educator, conflict defuser
- Able to jump into any project to fulfill any unexpected vacancy to drive the project to completion on time and within the budget
Technical consultant 2011 - Present
- Built custom solutions utilizing open source frameworks; improve overall quality and deliverables speed.
- Planned Infrastructure and administered systems in both virtualized and dedicated servers environment.
- Planned and executed project specific HA strategies; Load balancing, automated backups, automated system management and provisioning.
- Trained technical staff in new technologies and workflows; Improved performance, throughput and quality of deliverables.
Sr. Software Engineer 2009 - 2011
Examiner.com/NowPublic.com @Clarity Digital
- Collaborated in a multi-national engineering team under optimized time management and workflow to streamline 24/5 production.
- Perfected UX/UI gradually with product owners, clients and contributors by identifying user needs, simplifying UI complexities and eliminating technical obstacles.
- Integrated content and advertisement 3rd party services.
- Implemented high-volume real-time traffic tracking to power relevance content delivery algorithms.
Drupal Developer/Themer/Manager/Trainer 2008 - 2009
Fastcompany, inc.com @Mansueto Ventures
- Performance, Security and UX conscious product development and theming for all MV brands
- R&D best workflow and development practices as well as new technologies for the team
- Performance optimization and maintenance on all legacy and new products, server optimization as well as high performance and throughput architecture design
- Managed external contractors to deliver products on schedule and on budget
- Taken part in all technical and non-technical stages of product conception, design, development, deployment and maintenance
Open source participation and responsibilities 2006-2011
User, contributor, maintainer, organizer @ *.drupal.org
- Developed and maintainer of various successful modules serving more than 15k sites
- Organizer of New York drupal user group; Raised group membership from 300 to 840 members as well as regular monthly meetup participation from ~15 to ~50 members.
- Trained new community member in all aspects of community participation and drupal development
- Member of the security team on drupal.org
- God-all-mighty (administrator) on groups.drupal.org
- Started group for drupal user group organizers to train group organizers on best practices as well as teach how to raise value for group members participation
Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS) 2006 - 2008
Web developer 2004 - 2006
Database Management Information Systems (DBMIS)
Contract Web Developer
EasyRoommate dot com, EasyRent dot com 2004 - 2006